TVC Offices Closed on Labor Day

TVC offices will be closed on Monday, September 4th for Labor Day. Please contact us via our website or email.

Claims Resources

Looking for Resources?

If you are having difficulty resolving any VA Health Care related access issues, please contact one of our TVC Veteran’s Health Care Advocates (HCAP) near you.

Claims Resources

Access DD214

Access your DD214

The safest, most reliable way to access your DD214 is though the National Archives Veterans Service Record on the National Archives site. You only pay for the copy fee.

Discharge Upgrade

If you received anything but an “Honorable” Discharge, this may affect your VA Benefits. To apply for consideration in having your discharge upgraded you need to fill out a DD-293 for a discharge upgrade that is less than 15 years after discharge, then send it to the appropriate Branch of Service. Addresses on the back of DD-293.

For a discharge that is over 15 years after discharge use DD-149.

Veteran State and National Statistics

American Wars: U.S. Casualties and Veterans

The table below has information about the total number of service members, battle deaths, and non-mortal wounded in wars from 1775 to 2012; such as the American Revolution, the Civil War, World War I and II, Vietnam, and more.

United States Census Bureau – Veteran Infographics

A collection of demographic and socio-economic statistics on military Veterans provided for each state, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico can be found on this site along with other Veterans statistics. The data compares the Veteran population in selected states to that nationally in measures such as unemployment rate, homelessness, household income, business ownership, period of service, educational attainment, health care and age distribution.

National Center for Veterans Analysis and Statistics

Responsible for developing statistical analyses and reports on a broad range of topics, operating the  VA’s data and statistics Web portal to disseminate Veteran data and statistics, developing estimates and projections on Veteran populations, and more. View Veteran Populations by State.

National Archives

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is the nation’s record keeper. Of all documents and materials created in the course of business conducted by the United States Federal government, only 1%-3% are so important for legal or historical reasons that they are kept by us forever. Additionally, you can find out how to get copies of your military records, to include your DD214.

Patient Access Data – Wait Times

These reports provide regularly updated patient access data and are available for all VA Medical Centers and Community-Based Outpatient Clinics.  They include average wait times, number of patients waiting for a scheduled appointment, and number of patients that cannot be scheduled for an appointment in 90 days or less. Both completed and pending appointment data is available as well.

Veterans Benefits Administration Reports

These reports contain data covering claims inventory, claims backlog, claims accuracy, and Fully Developed Claims.

Find a VA Clinic Near Me

Texas VISN 17 – VA Clinics

Texas VISN 16 – VA Clinics for Beaumont, Conroe, Galveston, Houston, Katy, Lake Jackson, Little Rock, Longview, Lufkin, Richmond, Texas City ,and Tomball

Vet Centers – Find One Near You

Vet Centers across the country provide a broad range of counseling, outreach, and referral services to combat Veterans and their families. Vet Centers guide Veterans and their families through many of the major adjustments in lifestyle that often occur after a Veteran returns from combat. Services for a Veteran may include individual and group counseling in areas such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), alcohol and drug assessment, and suicide prevention referrals. All services are free of cost and are strictly confidential.

Connect to My Clinic on Social Media

Unique Military Services

Texas Veterans Portal

The Texas Veterans Portal is a resource for Veterans, their families, and their survivors. We have compiled helpful information from many government agencies here so you can find the assistance, services, and benefits you need.

Texas Military Veteran’s Peer Network

The Military Veteran Peer Networks’ mission is to establish camaraderie and trust with each other, identifying and vetting community resources and, collectively, contributing to the local communities.

Center for Women Veterans (VA)

The Center for Women Veterans was established by Congress in November 1994 by Public Law (P.L.) 103-446. They are responsible for monitoring and coordinating the VA’s administration of health care and benefits services, and programs for women Veterans. They serve as an advocate for a cultural transformation (both within VA and in the general public) in recognizing the service and contributions of women Veterans and women in the military, and raise awareness of the responsibility to treat women Veterans with dignity and respect.

Center for Minority Veterans (CMV)

The Center for Minority Veterans is part of the Office of the Secretary. The Center assists eligible Veterans in their efforts to receive benefits and services from VA. The Center acts only as a mediator and facilitator — As such the Center does not process claims, handle equal employment complaints, or employee relation problems. The Center is dedicated to ensuring that all Veterans are aware of benefits, services, and programs offered by VA.

Homeless Veterans

To assist homeless Veterans, the VA has provided resource to connect homeless and at-risk Veterans with housing solutionshealth carecommunity employment services and other required supports, as well as collaborating with federal, state and local agencies; employers; housing providers, faith-based and community nonprofits, and others to expand employment and affordable housing options for Veterans exiting homelessness.

Military Exposures – Illnesses, and More

Veterans may have been exposed to a range of chemical, physical, and environmental hazards during military service. Find out if you need to register for special exams related to these circumstances.  These include but are not limited to the following:

  • Health related concerns (Agent Orange,, Gulf War Illness, Radiation Disease, Vaccinations, & Medications)
  • Illnesses related to Wars & Operations (OIF/OEF/OND, Gulf War, & Vietnam War)
  • Exposures to chemicals, radiation, air pollutants, asbestos, Lead, and more

National Resource Directory of Services

The National Resource Directory (NRD) is a United States Government inter-agency web portal for Wounded Warriors, Service Members, Veterans, their families and caregivers. It provides information and links to thousands of national, state and local resources.

VA Office of Inspector General (OIG), Submit a Complaint

 The OIG Hotline receives, screens, and refers OIG mission-related complaints within VA. Cases are accepted on a select basis regarding issues having the most potential risk to Veterans, VA programs and operations, or for which the OIG may be the only avenue of redress.

VA Office of Inspector General (OIG), Reports

This office is mandated to conduct investigations, audits, and health care inspections to promote economy, efficiency, and effectiveness in VA activities, and to detect and deter criminal activity, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. These reports are available to the public.

Crisis Resources

Veterans Crisis Line

The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Veterans and their loved ones can call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1chat online, or send a text message to 838255 to receive confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is available.

National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress (PTSD/S)

Helps U.S. Veterans and others through research, education, and training on trauma and PTSD. It provides information about warning signs and treatment options for PTSD and other mental health conditions as well as information for the family about coping during deployment.

2-1-1 Texas

2-1-1 is the number to dial when you don’t know who to call. No matter where you live in Texas, you can dial 2-1-1 and find information about resources in your local community. Whether you need help finding food or housing, child care, crisis counseling or substance abuse treatment, one number is all you need to know. It’s free to everyone, not only Veterans. It’s confidential, and it is answered by nationally certified specialists – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC)

What is CRSC?

Combat-Related Special Compensation (CRSC) provides special compensation to retirees who have retired pay reduced because of receiving U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation. This means that qualified military retirees with 20 or more years of service that have “combat related” VA-rated disability will no longer have their military retirement pay reduced by the amount of their VA disability compensation. Instead they will receive both their full military retirement pay and their VA disability compensation.


Who is Eligible?

The following CRSC eligibility requirements apply:

  • In order for members to be eligible for CRSC, they must meet all of the following criteria:
  • Receive military retirement pay for one of the following reasons:
    • Served on Active Duty, the Reserves, or National Guard with 20 years of creditable service;
    • Served on Active Duty, the Reserves, or National Guard and is also a permanent medical retiree (Chapter 61) regardless of years served;
    • Served on Active Duty, the Reserves, or National Guard and is classified as a Temporary Disability Retirement List retiree regardless of years served; or
    • Served on Active Duty, the Reserves, or National Guard and is classified as a Temporary Early Retirement Act retiree with 15-19 years served.
  • Have 10% or greater VA rated injury that is combat-related.
  • Military retirement pay is reduced by VA disability payments (VA Waiver).
  • Must be able to provide documentation that injury was a result of one of the following:
    • Purple Heart
    • Armed Conflict
    • Simulating War
    • Hazardous Service
    • Instrumentality of War
    • Agent Orange
    • Radiation Exposure
    • Gulf War
    • Mustard Gas or Lewisite

How to Apply

The CRSC Application Process:

To receive Combat Related Special Compensation you must submit your application DD form 2860, through your parent military service branch. Each service branch has the authority to determine your eligibility.

For more information on how to apply contact your parent military service branches CRSC website:

Army (Secure Link)
Department of the Army
U.S. Army Human Resources Command
ATTN: AHRC-PDR-C (CRSC), Dept. 420
1600 Spearhead Division Avenue
Fort Knox, KY 40122-5402
Phone: 888-276-9472

Marine Corps and Navy
Department of the Navy
Secretary of the Navy Council of Review Boards
Attn: Combat-Related Special Compensation Branch
720 Kennon Street SE, Suite 309
Washington Navy Yard, DC 20374-5023
Phone: 877-366-2772

Air Force
CRSC Program Office
550 C Street West
Joint Base San Antonio – Randolph, TX 78150
Phone: 210-565-0102

Coast Guard
USCG PSC Commander (CG-PSC-PSD-de)
Mailstop 7200
4200 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22203-7200
Phone: 800-772-8274


Can I receive both CRSC and CRDP?

For more information on receiving both CRSC and CRDP go to Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

Concurrent Retirement of Disability Pay (CRDP)

What is CRDP?

Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay (CRDP) allows military retirees to receive both military retired pay and Veterans Affairs (VA) compensation. This was prohibited until the CRDP program began on January 1, 2004. CRDP is a “phase in” of benefits that gradually restores a retiree’s VA disability offset. This means that an eligible retiree’s retired pay will gradually increase each year until the phase in is complete effective January 2014.


Who is Eligible?

You must be eligible for retired pay to qualify for CRDP. If you were placed on a disability retirement, but would be eligible for military retired pay in the absence of the disability, you may be entitled to receive CRDP.

Under these rules, you may be entitled to CRDP if…

  • You are a regular retiree with a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater.
  • You are a reserve retiree with 20 qualifying years of service, who has a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater and who has reached retirement age. (Most cases, age 60).
  • You are retired under Temporary Early Retirement Act (TERA) and have a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater.
  • You are a disability retiree who earned entitlement to retired pay under any provision of law other than solely by disability, and you have a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater.

In addition to monthly CRDP payments, you may be eligible for a retroactive payment.

If you are due any money from DFAS, you will receive it within 30-60 days of receipt of your first CRDP monthly payment. If DFAS finds that you are also due a retroactive payment from the VA, we will forward an audit to the VA. They are responsible for paying any money they may owe you.

Your retroactive payment date may go as far back as January 1, 2004, but can be limited based on:

  • Your retirement date or
  • When you first increased to at least 50 percent disability rating.

No CRDP is payable for any month before January 2004.

Individual Employability
You are eligible for full concurrent receipt of both your VA disability compensation and your retired pay, if you are a military retiree who meets all of the above eligibility requirements in addition to both of the following:

  • You are rated by the VA as unemployable, or as Individual Employability (IU)
  • You are in receipt of VA disability compensation as a result of IU

This is effective October 1, 2008 and is retroactive to January 1, 2005.

If you have any questions regarding your CRDP payment from DFAS, call 800-321-1080. For questions concerning disability ratings or disability compensation, please contact the VA at 800-827-1000. For clarification of payments go to Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).


How Do I Apply?

You do not need to apply for CRDP. If qualified, you will be enrolled automatically.

Physical Disabilities Board of Review

What is the Physical Disability Board of Review?
The Physical Disability Board of Review, or PDBR, was legislated by Congress and implemented by the Department of Defense (DOD) to ensure the accuracy and fairness of combined disability ratings of 20% or less assigned to service members who were discharged between September 11, 2001 and December 31, 2009.

  • The PDBR uses medical information provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs and the military department.
  • Once a review is complete, the PDBR forwards a recommendation to the secretary of the respective branch of the armed services.
  • It is up to the individual service branch to make the final determination on whether to change the original disability determination.

For more information on this process and to fill out an application.

Website Feedback Form
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.